The top five benefits of eating a plant-based diet and why you should switch.

Plant Based Pasta Dish
Eating more plants and less meat is becoming more popular. The benefits of eating a plant-based diet are clear: improved health and well-being with less risk of disease. So, do you need some motivation to try plant-based diet. Here are 4 good reasons that you should consider.

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

So, do you need some motivation to try plant-based diet. Here are 4 good reasons that you should consider.

Eating more plants and less meat is becoming another fad, thanks to celebrities, billionaires, and best-selling books. 

The health and environmental benefits of eating a plant-based diet has been big news lately- but have you ever wondered – what’s in it for us? Researches show that plant-based diets are incredibly cost-effective, and produces a dramatic improvement in health and physical well-being.

Whether you are thinking about giving up the standard American diet to an entire or almost entirely plant-based, the benefits are clear: improved health and well-being with less risk of disease.

So, do you need some motivation to try a plant-based diet? Here are 5 good reasons that you should consider.

Better for the heart:

Studies show that people who eat higher levels of vegetables and fruits have a lower incidence of heart disease than those that don’t. There is some evidence that eating a plant-based diet lowers the regression of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to the build-up of plague) in patients with heart disease. Plant foods like vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, and whole grains can cause a 40% reduction in low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and cholesterol and eventually lower risk of heart disease. People living a plant-based diet have a 30% lower chance of stroke or heart attack and a 70% decrease in coronary events.

Helps prevent diabetes:

According to the Centers for Disease Control And Prevention (CDC), more than 30.3 million people are living with diabetes in America, and the number is estimated to increase by four-folds by 2035. Type 2 diabetes is preventable, but it requires a proper healthy lifestyle and the right mindset about food. People who are living a plant-based diet have approximately half the risk of developing diabetes as non-vegetarians. Some studies show that a plant-based diet can actually help ward off the disease.

Weight Loss:

Have you ever wondered why nutritionists recommend you to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to lose weight? Weight loss naturally occurs when you eat a plant-based diet containing fiber, vitamins, and minerals than you do proteins and animal fats. Studies show that vegetarians tend to consume fewer calories, and have lower body mass indexes than non-vegetarians. So if you want to lose weight, a whole-food plant-based diet is definitely for you.

Get Healthy Skin, Hair, And Nail:

What we put into our bodies is what shows on the outside. Plant-based diets provide your body with vitamins, phytochemicals, and pigments to keep it healthy and beautiful from inside to outside. Lycopene present in tomatoes protects your skin from sun damage. Sweet potatoes contain a large amount of vitamin C, which stimulates the production of collagen and prevents wrinkles. Cutting back on meat, dairy, and processed foods have all been shown to reduce inflammation in the body and preventing acne. 

Maintain Your Vision:

You have probably heard that adding plenty of carrots to your diet helps to maintain your vision. This is because carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Your eyes might also thank you for having kiwi, squash, kale, and corn in your diet.

These foods are a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin pigments and have been used widely for the natural treatment and prevention of cataracts and macular degeneration.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

Change your life through the food that you eat!

Increase your energy, mental focus, feel strong and toned using this Plant Based meal Guide.

Holistic Nutrition

HERE'S TO YOU...

...in starting this wellness journey!

Receive your 7 day meal plan now.